Learn to Read the Bible Effectively
A Bible Reading Study program presented by Christadelphians.
This program has been especially developed to enable you to improve your skill in Bible reading.
How does the program work?
It consists of six evening studies that cover the areas in the following list (and more; see below for the weekly schedule). Here's what you will learn:
- Who wrote the Bible -- where did it come from?
- How to remove the "mystery" which many religions cast about the Bible.
- How to use cross-references.
- How to learn more in less time with effective study tools.
- How to get past the sometimes difficult language used in the Bible.
- History and chronology (the order of events) in the Bible.
- Tips to letting the Bible interpret the Bible.
- How to read carefully (e.g. Adam and Eve did not eat an apple).
- How to overcome boredom when reading.
- Prove for yourself the Bible is not a work of fiction.
- When an understanding of Greek and Hebrew can help and why it is not essential to Bible understanding.
- How did so many interpretations of the Bible develop?
- What does the title "Christ" mean (and loads of other definitions to make Bible reading easier)?
- Why quoting a simple scripture is dangerous (and how to keep passages in context).
- Who are the Jews? Why are they so important in the Bible?
Make your Bible study more productive with less time. You will understand more and know where to look to keep it moving at an enjoyable pace.
If you claim to believe in God, you are obligated to understand His plan for us.
Take advantage of a legitimate opportunity to break free from television.
Quit at any time. If you ever find the program inadequate, you may quit with no strings attached.
Learn and fine-tune skills which will allow you to read the Bible with a better understanding than before. Many people desire to learn more but initial frustration discourages and hinders progress.
We will only communicate with you at your request.
There is no charge for participation or for materials. You will never be asked for donations.
Weekly Schedule Sample
Six Week Schedule
1 1/2 hr/week 7:00 -8:30 PM
Introduction & Background of the Bible
The Bible Interprets Itself
Why the Bible is Difficult to Read
Overview of the Books of the Bible (Part 1)
Why 2 Testaments
The Role of Prophecy
Tips on Reading
Overview of the Books of the Bible (Part 2)
Study Tools (Part 1)
The Purpose of God Revealed
Overview of the Books of the Bible (Part 3)
Using Cross References
Critics of the Bible
Versions of the Bible
Overview of the Books of the Bible (Part 4)
Study Tools (Part 2)
The Jews and the Law of Moses
Overview of the Books of the Bible (Part 5)
Good vs. Evil
Overview of the Books of the Bible (Part 6)
Life and Death in the Bible
First Avenue & Spruce Street
Verona, PA 15147-1422
Verona is on Allegheny River Blvd between Penn Hills and Oakmont. From Allegheny River Blvd in Verona, turn uphill on Center Ave. Take your first left onto First Ave. The building is one block on your right, between Spruce St. and Parker St.